Friday, July 27, 2012

Recipe: Sugar Cookies


Sugar Cookies


Ingredients:
2¾ c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
1 c. butter, softened
1½ c. white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Makes 48 cookies, approx; Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

*These are red because I asked my husband to pick a color and he picked red. I was tired of the plain ole' sugar cookie look! I also put my thumbprint on the top of each cookie before I stuck them in the oven and sprinkled sugar down in the thumbprint for a thin, sugary coating.


3 year old approved!

1 comment: